Upside Down Frankfurter Bake
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Frozen lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Corn muffin mix||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frankfurters||1 Pound (About 8 In Number)|
1. Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
2. In a large frying pan, saute onion and green pepper in drippings 5 minutes, or just until they turn tender.
3. Add in tomatoes, brown sugar, mustard, salt, bay leaf and basil; stir well.
4. Then put in lima beans; cover the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 0 minutes, stirring once to separate beans.
5. As the bean mixture cooks, make the corn-muffin mix according to directions on package for corn bread.
6. In a 11x7x2 baking pan, line frankfurters and cover with hot bean mixture; carefully spoon corn-bread batter in an even layer over beans.
7. Bake for 25 minutes; remove and allow it to cool 5 minutes; loosen around edges; invert onto platter.
8. Make slices and serve hot.