Sweet and Sour Pork Sausages
|Pork sausages||1 Pound|
|Pineapple pieces||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Corn flour||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 , cut into 1 -inch strips|
1) In a pan, saute the sausages over a low heat in a very little fat.
2) Transfer to a warm serving dish and keep warm.
3) Level the juice from the pineapple with water to make 1/2 pint .
4) In a pan, bring the pineapple juice to a boil.
5) In a bowl, blend the cornflour, mustard, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce together.
6) Stir into the pineapple juice, stir continuously and bring to a boil.
7) Then stir in the pineapple pieces and cucumber strips.
8) Season with the salt and paper to taste and spoon over the sausages.
9) Serve the Sweet and Sour Pork Sausages with rest of the sauce in a sauce boat.
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.8%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.5 mg36.2%
Sodium 829.2 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet