|Smoked sausage||2 Pound, cut into 3/4 inch slices|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into eighths|
|Cabbage||1 Medium, cut into small chunks|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Potatoes||5 Medium, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes|
1. In a Dutch oven brown sausage. Remove and drain on paper towels.
2. Reserve 1 tablespoon in Dutch oven and drain the rest.
3. Add onion to the dripping and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add sausage, cabbage, and water.
5. Cook covered over low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add carrots and potatoes and stir.
7. Cook covered for 20 minutes.
8. Serve hot.