|Smoked sausage||2 Pound, cut into 3/4 inch slices|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into eighths|
|Cabbage||1 Medium, cut into small chunks|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Potatoes||5 Medium, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes|
1. In a Dutch oven brown sausage. Remove and drain on paper towels.
2. Reserve 1 tablespoon in Dutch oven and drain the rest.
3. Add onion to the dripping and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add sausage, cabbage, and water.
5. Cook covered over low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add carrots and potatoes and stir.
7. Cook covered for 20 minutes.
8. Serve hot.
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg29.9%
Sodium 798.7 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 190.7% Vitamin C 84%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet