Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||2 Medium|
|Bulk pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 375°.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
3. In a shallow baking dish place cut side down, add 1/2 inch boiling water and bake in the preheat the oven for 35 minutes.
4. Turn cut side up, sprinkle with salt and set aside.
5. Cook sausage and onion until browned, stirring to crumble meat and drain well.
6. Stir in breadcrumbs, spoon into squash cavities and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Serve the stuffed squash hot with garnish as desired.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.7 mg17.6%
Sodium 448.6 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 75.6%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet