Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||2 Medium|
|Bulk pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 375°.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
3. In a shallow baking dish place cut side down, add 1/2 inch boiling water and bake in the preheat the oven for 35 minutes.
4. Turn cut side up, sprinkle with salt and set aside.
5. Cook sausage and onion until browned, stirring to crumble meat and drain well.
6. Stir in breadcrumbs, spoon into squash cavities and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Serve the stuffed squash hot with garnish as desired.