Pork and Sausage Plait
|Pork belly||4 Ounce|
|Pork sausage meat||8 Ounce|
|Puff pastry||8 Ounce|
1) Finely chop the pork.
2) Through the mince, put the pork meat.
30 Mix the pork thoroughly with sausage meat and half of beaten egg.
3) Form a long 4 inch roll out of the meat mixture.
4) Roll out pastry to oblong 10-in. long.
5) Place meat roll down the centre leaving equal borders cut obliquely in 1/2-in. wide strips, and brush with beaten egg.
6) Fold alternate strips across the filling to form a plait.
7) Glaze with beaten egg and bake at 400°F, 200°C, Gas Mark 6, for 30 minutes.
8) Cover the roll with foil and freeze.
9) Thaw the roll, reheat it, slice and serve.