Luncheon Sausage Stacks
|Sausage meat||1 Pound|
|Mushroom caps||8 Medium|
|Processed swiss cheese||4 (from an 8 ounce package)|
|Hamburger buns||8 , split and toasted|
|Sweet onion slices||8|
|Green pepper rings||8|
1) Take sausage and cut it into 8 thick slices and then shape each piece into a 4 inch round.
2) Take 2 medium size skillets and cook the patties slowly for about 5 minutes.
3) Turn the patties and add mushroom caps to the skillets. Cook for 5 more minutes, turning the mushrooms frequently. Remove mushrooms and keep warm.
4) Cut the cheese squares into half. Place 1 piece on each sausage patty. Cover the skillets for about half a minute and not more than that or just until cheese melts.
5) Layer the bottom of each bun with a lettuce leaf. Top with tomato slice, sausage patty, onion slice and lastly, green pepper rings. Cover with top bun and secure with wooden picks. Garnish each with 1 mushroom cap and 1 cherry tomato.