Sausage Pepper Hoagies
|Italian sausage links||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Sweet pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch squares (Green / Red)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch squares|
|Spaghetti sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried sage/Snipped fresh sage- 1/4 teaspoons||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Hoagie buns||4 , split|
|Mozzarella cheese/Provolone cheese||3 Ounce, shredded (3/4 Cup)|
1) In a non-stick pan, place sausage links with water just to cover it.
2) Heat the pan and bring to a boil.
3) Cook over low heat, for 15 minutes.
4) Pour off the water and leave sausages in pan.
5) Stir in the pepper, onion, spaghetti sauce, and sage with sausages.
6) Put the lid and cook simmer for 10 minutes or until sausages are done.
7) Place the sausage mixture into hoagie buns.
8) Spread the shredded cheese over the sausage mixture.
9) Serve with side of small mixed salad if desired.
Calories 786 Calories from Fat 447
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g88.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.7 mg42.9%
Sodium 1536.3 mg64%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 36 g72.9%
Vitamin A 41.9% Vitamin C 74.6%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet