Acorn Squash Stuffed With Sausage And Apples
Onion- 1 small, chopped
Apples- 2nos., cored and chopped
Oregano- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt- to taste
Acorn Squashes- 2nos., halved, seeds removed
Water- 1/4 cup
1) In a non-stick pan, brown the sausage meat and break well in small pieces.
2) Pour off the excess fat.
3) In a bowl, mix together meat, onions, apples, oregano and salt.
4) Stuff the squash completely with the meat mixture.
5) Place the stuffed squash halves in the slow cooker, on a rack.
6) Pour ¼ cup of water in the bottom of cooker.
7) Put the lid on and simmer for 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
4) Serve hot over buttered rice, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.