Onions with Sausage Stuffing
Bulk Sausage - 1/4 pound
Herb Seasoning - 1/2 teaspoon
Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup - 1 can (10 3/4 ounces)
Bread Crumbs - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Marjoram - 1/8 teaspoon, crushed
1. Remove the onion tops and scoop out their centers, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell.
2. Cut the onion centers finely.
3. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook onions for 15 minutes. Then, drain.
4. In a skillet, cook sausage, chopped onions and herb seasoning.
5. Add 1/4 cup soup along with crumbs.
6. Fill the hollow onion shells with sausage mixture.
7. Arrange the onion shells in a pie dish and cover its bottom with water.
8. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
9. In a saucepan, heat remaining soup with milk and marjoram. Pour over onions and serve.