Mushroom & Sausage Stuffing
|Bread crumbs||4 Quart, toasted|
|Roll sausage||1 Pound (Bob Evans Farms)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
1. Crumble the sausages.
2. In a skillet, brown the meat by sautÃ©ing on medium high flame, until crisp.
3. Remove the sausages using a slotted spoon.
4. To the drippings in the pan, add the onions, celery and mushrooms. SautÃ© them until soft, tender and dry.
5. Return sausage meat to the pan and add sage and salt.
6. Finally add the breadcrumbs and toss to mix.
7. To make a slightly moist filling, add a little stock or water.
8. Use mushroom and sausage stuffing for a 12 to 16 pound turkey or any poultry to be roasted.
9. Bake the remaining stuffing and serve on the side.
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7 mg2.3%
Sodium 763.5 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet