Hot and Sweet Sausage
|Sweet italian sausages||2 Pound|
|Hot italian sausage||2 Pound|
|Onions||1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices|
1. In a large meat colander, place the sausages and wash them well under running water.
2. Dry them using kitchen paper roll and seperate each link.
3. In a skillet, place few sausages and grill them on all sides till they are brown in colour. Repeat procedure for remaining sausages.
4. In the same skillet, combine onions and the browned sausages.
5. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
6. Once done, drain the sausages and cooked onion slices on absorbent paper.
7. Using a sharp knife, cut the sausage links into 1/2 inch thick slices diagonally.
8. Immediately serve sausages with onion slices in a chafing dish or in a hot serving container.
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg12.9%
Sodium 517.1 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0.39%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.85%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet