Vegetarian Sausage Links
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Collard greens||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (cold)|
|Kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Warm)|
1) Coat a baking sheet with butter.
2) In skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© the onions for 5 minutes.
3) Add the collard greens, cheese and garlic, sautÃ© for 3 minutes or until the greens wilt,
4) In a large bowl combine the rice, beans, egg substitute, thyme, oregano and sage.
5) Stir the rice mixture in the onion mixture.
6) Remove the mixture in a food processor.
7) Process for about 6 seconds or until a course mixture is formed but not pureed,
8) Divide into eight equal parts.
9) Form each part into a sausage shape and roll in the breadcrumbs.
10) Place the sausages on the sheet and brush with the remaining oil.
11) Broil until golden browned on all sides, about 5 or 6 minutes.
12) Serve with the tomato sauce.