Scalloped Sausage And Corn
|Fresh pork sausage||1 Pound (bulk)|
|Canned cream style corn||1 Pound (2 cups, 1 can)|
|Soda crackers||6 , crumbled|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Tomato||1 Large, sliced|
1) In a bowl, mash the sausage meat and bring it together.
2) Make 6 balls of the meat and crumble the rest.
3) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4) Lightly grease the casserole with butter.
5) In a deep saucepan, heat oil and brown the meat balls in it, remove and drain on paper towels.
6) In the same pan brown the loose sausage.
7) Remove and set aside.
8) In a large bowl mix together, loose sausage, corn, crackers, milk, egg and seasoning.
9) Pour the corn mixture into the casserole.
10) Add tomatoes and sausage balls.
11) Place the casserole in a pan with hot water about 1 inch deep.
12) Bake in oven for 1 hour or until set.
13) Serve Scalloped Sausage and Corn hot with garlic mash potatoes, if desired.