|Frozen mixed vegetables with onion sauce||30 Ounce (2 Packets, 15 Ounce Each)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frankfurters||1 Pound, sliced|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a large saucepan, add frozen vegetables and milk. Cook as per the packet instructions.
3) Add in the frankfurters, mixing well.
4) Transfer half the amount of the mixture into a 6-cup baking dish.
5) In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle half of this over the meat and vegetable mixture.
6) Layer the remaining meat and vegetable mixture and top it with the rest of the cheese mixture.
7) Bake for about 30 minutes or until the casserole starts to bubble in the centre and the cheesy crumb topping turns golden.
8) Serve the Calico Franks hot, with a bowl of mustard on the side.
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 464
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.7 mg51.2%
Sodium 2104.1 mg87.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 34 g68.8%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 82.4% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet