Almond Sausage Cheese Tarts
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|For almond sausage|
|Medium spiced pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Hot mustard||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and cheese.
2. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
3. Stir in chives and salt.
4. Add flour, a little at a time, working the mixture into a dough using a fork or pastry binder to mix.
5. Divide the dough into two equal portions, wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F before baking.
7. On a floured work surface, roll our prepared dough into 1/4 inch thick sheet and cut out into circles large enough to line 4-inch tart molds.
8. Trim excess pasty and neaten the edges.
9. Prick tart shells with fork and arrange on a baking sheet.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes until golden.
11. Remove and let cool.
12. In the meantime, heat a large skillet
13. Crumble in sausage meat and sautÃ© until browned.
14. Stir in the onions, almonds and seasonings and sautÃ© a few minutes more until cooked.
15. Take pan off the heat and let mixture cool slightly.
16. Blend in egg and mustard into the meat mixture.
17. Spoon the sausage mixture into the baked tart shells.
18. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until egg is set.
19. Serve the tarts warm as an appetizer.
Calories 802 Calories from Fat 517
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.8%
Saturated Fat 31 g155.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.6 mg64.2%
Sodium 789.7 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet