Potato Sausage Fritfafa
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose potatoes||6 Ounce, pared, thinly sliced|
|Minced onion/Scallion||2 Tablespoon|
|Veal sausage links||2 Ounce, cooked, thinly sliced|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Combine together the oil and margarine in a 10-inch non-stick skillet that has an oven-safe or removable handle.
3) Heat till the margarine has melted.
4) In the bottom of the skillet, arrange the potato slices in a single layer. Top with the scallion or onion.
5) Cover the skillet and cook over moderate-high heat, turning one, till the potatoes are crisp and brown in color. This usually takes about 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
6) Beat together the eggs and water in a small mixing bowl.
7) To the skillet, add the egg mixture and cook till the bottom is set (another 2 minutes of cooking).
8) Over the eggs, arrange the sausage slices.
9) Put the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, till the eggs are set and golden brown.
10) Serve while still hot A light sprinkling of Parmesan cheese makes a good garnish. The preparation can be served as a main dish, appetizer or snack.