Potato Sausage Fritfafa
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose potatoes||6 Ounce, pared, thinly sliced|
|Minced onion/Scallion||2 Tablespoon|
|Veal sausage links||2 Ounce, cooked, thinly sliced|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Combine together the oil and margarine in a 10-inch non-stick skillet that has an oven-safe or removable handle.
3) Heat till the margarine has melted.
4) In the bottom of the skillet, arrange the potato slices in a single layer. Top with the scallion or onion.
5) Cover the skillet and cook over moderate-high heat, turning one, till the potatoes are crisp and brown in color. This usually takes about 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
6) Beat together the eggs and water in a small mixing bowl.
7) To the skillet, add the egg mixture and cook till the bottom is set (another 2 minutes of cooking).
8) Over the eggs, arrange the sausage slices.
9) Put the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, till the eggs are set and golden brown.
10) Serve while still hot A light sprinkling of Parmesan cheese makes a good garnish. The preparation can be served as a main dish, appetizer or snack.
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 333.9 mg111.3%
Sodium 225.8 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet