Lentils n' Sausage
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry red table wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained, seeded and diced, reserving liquid|
|Veal sausage links||5 Ounce, sliced|
|Canned lentils||4 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked instant rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) In this, saute the onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat, for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Cook till the onion is tender.
3) Over these vegetables, sprinkle the all purpose flour. Mix well.
4) Now, stir in wine and water. Stir again.
5) To this, add the remaining ingredients except cooked rice and mix well.
6) Over low heat, cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked well, stirring as required. By now, the flavors will blend fine.
7) Serve Lentils n' Sausage over hot cooked rice.
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.7 mg13.9%
Sodium 618.9 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 49% Vitamin C 108.5%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet