Chickpea and Sausage Saute
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Veal sausage links||3 Ounce, sliced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained and cut into quarters, reserving liquid|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned chickpeas||8 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
1) In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) To this, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
3) Over high heat, cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables turn tender-crisp.
4) Now, add the remaining ingredients except the chickpeas. Mix well.
5) Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sausage is not pink anymore.
6) Now, add chickpeas and mix well.
7) Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through.
8) Serve the Chickpea and Sausage Saute hot over cooked pasta.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.5 mg4.2%
Sodium 332.8 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 44%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet