Chickpea And Sausage Saute
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Veal sausage links||3 Ounce, sliced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained and cut into quarters, reserving liquid|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned chickpeas||8 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
1) In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) To this, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
3) Over high heat, cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables turn tender-crisp.
4) Now, add the remaining ingredients except the chickpeas. Mix well.
5) Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sausage is not pink anymore.
6) Now, add chickpeas and mix well.
7) Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through.
8) Serve the Chickpea and Sausage Saute hot over cooked pasta.