Chicken Sausage Heros
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Bell peppers||2 , stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced (Green Or Red)|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Spicy chicken sausage/Turkey sausages||8 Ounce|
|Sauerkraut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian bread loaf||8 Ounce (1 Loaf)|
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers, cover, and cook until tender, 5 minutes.
2. While the peppers are cooking, trim 1/4 inch off the end of the mushroom stems. Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are tender, about 5 minutes. While the mushrooms are cooking, cut the sausages into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
4. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
5. Add the sausages to the skillet, cover, and cook over medium heat until cooked through, 5 minutes. While the sausages are cooking, rinse the sauerkraut and squeeze it dry. Trim and thinly slice the scallions (white and green parts) and stir them into the sauerkraut. Heat the bread in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes just to warm it through.
6. Remove the bread from the oven and cut it in half so you have 2 smaller loaves. Split each half lengthwise and remove some of the soft interior crumb. Spoon the sauerkraut and scallions on one half, top with the peppers, mushrooms, and sausages, and cover with the other bread half. Cut each sandwich in half again, tie a napkin around your neck, and dig in.