Fusilli With Sausage And Mushrooms
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Italian sausage||12 Ounce, casings removed|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Prepared tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|35% whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a skillet heat 3 tablespoon (45 ml) of the oil over medium-high heat, cook sausage meat, stirring to break up, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat, cook onions until golden, then stir in mushrooms and cook until softened.
3. Stir in sausage meat, cook for 2 minutes, then stir in tomato sauce, wine, butter and parsley and mix well.
4. Stir in cream and cook over low heat 20 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently such that thickened.
5. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook fusilli 8 to 10 minutes until al dente and drain.
6. Toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese and serve.