Sausage And Tomato Casserole
|Beef chipolata||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Tinned tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄4 Pint|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 355 degrees.
2) Separate the sausages.
3) In hot dripping, fry them quickly till they turn brown. Remove from the pan and put the sausages in the bottom of a casserole dish.
4) To the hot fat, add the onion and gently cook for about 5 minutes, till the onions turn brown.
5) Add the onions to the sausages along with the tomatoes and the liquid from the tin. Season with salt and pepper and add the stock.
6) Cover the casserole with a lid and put it in the center of the preheated oven to cook for 1 hour.
7) Place the cooked sausages on a hot serving dish.
8) Into a saucepan, sieve he sauce and stir in the cornflour. Smoothen the paste with some water and reheat, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Taste to check the seasoning and pour the sauce all over the sausages.
9) Serve hot.