1 Medium (You Know I Love Sweet Vidalia, But Use Whatever You Please)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a baking tray, place the half cut the acorn squash and splitz with olive oil.
3. Fill the tray with an inch of water and place the tray in the oven for 45 minutes.
4. Cook the Italian sausage in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Add the chopped mushrooms, chopped garlic, ½ cup onions and bell peppers and let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Add a cup of bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon dried basil and ½ teaspoon of sea salt to bind the sausage.
7. Add ½ cup of spaghetti or tomato sauce and mix well.
8. Remove the acorn squash from the oven and let it cool.
9. Stuff the squash with the sausage filling and top it up with a generous portion of grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
10. Put the squash back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
11. Take the squash out of the oven and serve one piece per person on a plate.
Watch this video for a very delicious acorn squash recipe. No one can believe that an acorn squash can taste so delicious. In this video the chef shows simple yet amazing dish. She makes a stuffing with some sausages for the squash.