Fresh Pork Sausage
|Lean pork||10 Pound|
|Fat pork||3 Pound|
|Cayenne pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||4 Teaspoon|
|Minced bay leaf||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sage||3 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degree F
2. Roughly chop the meat.
3. Combine all the spices, herbs and seasonings and mix with the meat.
4. Put the meat in a mincer or chopper with the course grinding blade attached.
5. Coarsely grind the meat
6. Change the blade to a fine grinding blade and finely chop.
7. Form the mixture into patties.
8. Arrange them in a roasting or baking pan.
9. Cook slowly in the preheated oven till meat is tender, about 45 minutes, pouring off the fat as it accumulates in the pan.
10. Remove patties onto an absorbent paper and drain.
11. Serve hot along with a sauce or place on buns to make burgers.
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.1 mg66.4%
Sodium 644.3 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 61 g122.8%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet