Spicy Sausage Stuffed Veal
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, drained, seeded, and cut up (1 Can)|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bulk hot italian sausage||1 1⁄2 Pound, cooked|
|Snipped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||3 , cooked crisp and crumbled|
|Boneless veal leg top round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a 3 quart saucepan, mix tomatoes, lemon juice salt and sugar in it and allow boiling.
3. Once boiled, lower the flame and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Take a 10 inch skillet, heat butter or margarine in it and sauté mushrooms and onions till tender.
5. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium high flame.
6. Once done, transfer the mushroom mixture in the tomato mixture and add sausage, parsley and bacon to it.
7. Let the mixture cook on medium low flame for 20 minutes.
8. Keep the stuffing aside.
9. Take 2 pieces of plastic wrap and put veal in between.
10. Lightly beat the veal from the center to the edges by using a meat mallet and make the veal into a rectangular piece of ¼ inch thickness.
11. Spread one half of the filling in length down the center of the rectangular veal.
12. Turn the short ends inside.
13. Turn the long side and cover the filling.
14. Fold the other side and put it on the filling and meat.
15. With a string secure the meat at every 11/2 inch gap.
16. Take a 12 inch skillet, put olive oil in it, once heated fry the roll by browning completely.
17. Add broth and wine round the roll and also drizzle the leftover stuffing.
18. Secure by covering with a foil and bake for 45 minutes.
19. Serve warm.