Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes
|Firm tomatoes||4 Large|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green pepper||3 Tablespoon|
|Mild bulk pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, crumbled and drained|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Fresh parsley sprig||4|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Remove the tomato tops and hollow out pulp, keeping the shells intact.
3) Chop the pulp of tomatoes.
4) Mix well the tomato pulp, breadcrumbs, celery, green pepper, and cooked sausage.
5) Season inside of tomato shells with salt and pepper and pour the sausage mixture into shells.
6) Take an 8-inch square baking pan, arrange tomatoes in it and bake in the oven for 15 minutes till the tomatoes are heated thoroughly.
7) Top tomatoes with cheese.
8) Bake again for 1 additional minute for the cheese to melt.
9) If wished, garnish with parsley and serve.