Sausage Eggplant Main Dish
|Mild bulk pork sausage||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Green peppers||2 Small, chopped|
|Eggplant||1 Large, peeled and cubed|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained and chopped|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated romano cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
1) In a large skillet, add sausage, onion and green pepper to sauté till the sausage turns brown.
2) Place the sausages on paper towels to soak extra oil.
3) Return the sausages back to skillet.
4) Add remaining ingredients other than the cheese.
5) Reduce heat to low and allow simmering for another 20 minutes or until the eggplant turns tender.
6) Sprinkle cheese on top before serving.