Sausage And Okra Soup
|Polish sausage||1 Pound, cut in 1/4-inch slices and halved|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken broth||2 Quart|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced okra||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Minced green pepper/Minced red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a heavy Dutch oven add oil to brown sausages.
2) Drain off the dripping and reserve it.
3) Pour in oil to combine with drippings for making 3 tablespoons.
4) Add flour to the mixture and stir to make a smooth consistency.
5) Cook for a minute and add onion and garlic to sauté.
6) Cook for another minute by continuous stirring.
7) Slowly add 1 cup of chicken broth to cook over medium heat. Keep on stirring until the broth becomes thick and bubbly.
8) Add tomato paste to the mixture and blend well.
9) Add sausage and rest of the chicken broth along with all other ingredients.
10) Bring this liquid to a boil over high heat.
11) Reduce heat to low and allow simmering for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables turn tender. Stir occasionally during the cooking procedure.
12) Serve the soup hot by garnishing with fresh parsley.