Sausage and Peppers
|Italian sausage||2 Pound (Hot Or Sweet)|
|Onions||2 Large, cut in rings|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet red peppers||2 , halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Sweet green peppers||2 , halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Sweet yellow peppers||2 , halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Prepare the grill so the coals are medium-hot.
2. Prick the sausages with a fork all over.
3. Grill the sausages, turning often, for 15 minutes. Remove the sausages from the grill to a plate. Halve the sausages, crosswise.
4. Saute the onion in the oil in a very large skillet with a flameproof handle on the grill until very soft. Push the onions to one side. Add the pepper pieces. Saute until the pieces are soft.
5. Add the sausages to the skillet; sprinkle with the oregano.
6. Push the skillet to the side of the grill. Cook, stirring the sausage and peppers together gently, until the sausages are cooked through and the onions and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with the cilantro.