Frankfurters Con Carne
|Salad oil/Melted shortening||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground chuck||1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttered split frankfurter rolls||6|
1. Slowly heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, and saute until tender—about 5 minutes.
2. Add chuck to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until meat loses its red color.
3. Add tomato sauce, salt, chili powder, cumin seed, and sugar. Mix well.
4. Cook, uncovered, over low heat and stirring occasionally, 20 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed.
5. Meanwhile, broil frankfurters, 4 inches from heat, 3 minutes; turn once.
6. Place rolls, cut side up, on broiler rack; broil 30 seconds, or just until toasted.
7. To serve, place a frankfurter inside each roll; top each with some of chili mixture.