Roast Turkey with Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
|Turkey||14 Pound (Save Giblets And Neck For Another Use, 1 Fresh Or Frozen Thawed Turkey, 12 To 14 Pound)|
|For cornbread-sausage stuffing|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 Stick)|
|Dry white wine/Vermouth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Rinse turkey; pat dry with paper towels. Prepare Cornbread Sausage Stuffing; stuff body and neck cavities loosely. Fold skin over openings and close with skewers. Tie legs together with cotton string. Tuck wings under turkey.
2. Place turkey on meat rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of thigh, not touching bone. Brush turkey evenly with one third of butter.
3. Place turkey in oven; immediately reduce oven temperature to 325 °F Roast 22 to 24 minutes per pound for a total roasting time of 4 to 5 1/2 hours. Brush with butter after 1 hour and again 1 1/2 hours later. Baste with pan juices after each hour. If turkey starts over browning, tent with foil. Turkey is done when internal temperature reaches 180°F and legs move easily in sockets.
4. Transfer turkey to cutting board. Pour off juices from pan; reserve. Pour wine into pan and place over burners. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits and stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
5. Transfer 1/2 cup fat from pan juices to large saucepan. (Discard any remaining fat.) Stir in flour; cook and stir over medium heat 1 minute. Slowly stir in chicken broth, wine mixture and defatted pan juice. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10980 Calories from Fat 5061
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 563 g866.9%
Saturated Fat 191.2 g956.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4814 mg1604.7%
Sodium 6549.2 mg272.9%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 1308 g2615.3%
Vitamin A 65.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 100.8% Iron 467%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet