Sausage Supper Squares
|Link pork sausage||1 1⁄2 Pound (About 24 Links)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Regular Flour)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust To Make 1 1/2 Cups With Canned Liquid)|
|Bran buds/1/2 cup all bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cook sausage slowly in a fry pan until thoroughly done and well browned. Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Drain corn, reserving liquid. Add milk to liquid to measure 1 1/2 cups. Combine milk mixture, drippings, Bran Buds, corn and eggs; beat well.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients and continue beating until batter is smooth. Pour into greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch baking pan. Place browned sausage links in batter, arranging in uniform pattern.
5. Bake in very hot oven (450° F.) about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve immediately with syrup or hot seasoned cream sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3256 Calories from Fat 1350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g236%
Saturated Fat 47.1 g235.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 965.7 mg321.9%
Sodium 9076.4 mg378.2%
Total Carbohydrates 335 g111.5%
Dietary Fiber 34 g135.8%
Sugars 77.1 g
Protein 150 g301%
Vitamin A 76.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 171.4% Iron 276.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet