Baked Ziti With Ricotta And Sausage
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated with 1 cup white wine|
|Shredded asiago cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Freshly Grated)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian sausage link||2 , casings removed and meat broken into small pieces|
1. In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter, and add the flour. Stir and blend with a wire whisk and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Slowly add the scalded chicken stock and wine and keep whisking. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta with half the asiago cheese, beaten egg, 1/2 tablespoon of parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a medium skillet, heat the oil and saute the sausage over medium high heat for a few minutes or until done. Set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the ziti for 5 minutes, no longer. Drain and return to the pot in which they cooked. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and toss lightly.
5. Butter a 2 1/2 or 3 quart casserole or baking dish. Add one fourth of the cooked ziti and spoon one third of the sauce, and one third of the ricotta mixture. Repeat the procedure ending with the ziti on top. Sprinkle the sausage and remaining parsley overall. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Uncover the last 10 minutes. Pass remaining grated cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3519 Calories from Fat 1923
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g336.7%
Saturated Fat 112.6 g563.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 786.8 mg262.3%
Sodium 5215.1 mg217.3%
Total Carbohydrates 245 g81.6%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.8%
Sugars 25.7 g
Protein 160 g320.1%
Vitamin A 165.3% Vitamin C 69%
Calcium 188.6% Iron 82.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet