In links or as patties I love this with a big Sunday breakfast with waffles or eggs! This recipe is a starting point and fairly neutral in flavour, start here and then tailor your next batch and keep experimenting.
Lean pork butt
2 1⁄2 Pound
1 Pinch, ground
3⁄4 Teaspoon, ground
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Pinch, crushed
1) Prepare the sausage casing.
2) Cut meat and fat into cubes and keep well chilled before grinding (30 minutes in the freezer is great).
3) Grind meat and fat through the fine disk on your grinder.
4) Mix all ingredients into ground meat, and then chill again before next step (freezer for 20 minutes)
5) Grind mixture through fine disk again.
6) Shape into patties or stuff into casings. Prick air pockets and twist casings into links.
7) Cover and place in fridge overnight to give flavour a chance to build.
8) Can be kept in fridge for 2-3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
9) Fry until internal temp reaches 160ºF.
10) Serve the sausages for Sunday breakfast with waffles or eggs or as desired.
Preparing breakfast sausage at home - you can call it a culinary adventure. But, it is really possible, once you have a sausage making machine at home. Follow the easy instruction of chef and prepare your own sausage.