Tangy Slow Cooked Agrodolce Sausages
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon, toasted (Italian Classics)|
|Mild italian pork sausage links||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Package, Wegmans)|
|Pure olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Green cabbage head||1⁄2 Medium, cored, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces to make about 10 cups|
|Red onions||2 , peeled, 1/2-inch dice to make about 3 cups|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil||14 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (1 Can, Italian Classics)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can, Wegmans)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chianti red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Italian Classics)|
1. Heat oil in skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH until oil faintly smokes. Brown sausage 4-5 min; set aside.
2. Layer green cabbage and onions in slow cooker.
3. Combine raisins, tomatoes, tomato paste, crushed red pepper, red wine vinegar, and sugar in medium-sized bowl. Pour atop mixture in slow cooker. Place sausage on top of all.
4. Set cooker to HIGH, 4-6 hours or LOW 8-10 hours.
5. Arrange on individual plates; garnish with pine nuts.
Calories 832 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g90%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.3 mg44.8%
Sodium 1566.5 mg65.3%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 33 g65.5%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 61.3%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet