|Rump roast||4 Pound|
|Condensed onion soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Wine vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bay leaves||3 Medium|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger snaps||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled (About 7 In Number)|
1) Take a deep bowl and combine vinegar, soup, bay leaves, peppercorns, cloves and vinegar in it.
2) Add meat to this mixture and cover the bowl. Refrigerate for 2 days, turning the meat twice every day.
3) Take a large pan and pour shortening in it. Remove meat from marinade and cook in it until brown.
4) Skim off fat and stir in marinade. Cook the meat on low heat for about 2 1/2 hours or until adequately tender.
5) Remove the meat from pan and keep warm.
6) Remove peppercorns, cloves and bay. Stir in sugar and ginger snaps. Cook until the gravy thickens adequately.
7) Serve the gravy along with cooked meat.