|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||3 Small, quartered|
|Celery with leaves||2 , cut up|
|Carrot||7 , sliced|
|Whole black peppers||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid artificial sweetener||2 Teaspoon|
|Round beef/Rump roast of beef||4 Pound|
1) In a bowl, mix together vinegar, onions, celery, parsley, carrot, cloves, peppers, herbs, and sweetener.
2) Mix well to incorporate all the flavours.
3) Place the meat in a glass bowl.
4) Gently stream the vinegar mixture over the meat.
5) Cover the bowl with plastic film and refrigerate for 36 hours.
6) Pour off and reserve the marinade.
7) In a heated non-stick pan, brown the meat on all sides.
8) Place the meat in baking dish and season with salt.
9) Pour the marinade over the meat.
10) Cover with foil and bake until the desired doneness.
11) Baste the meat at regular interval with the marinade and add more liquid if needed.
12) Slice the meat and serve hot with a little mixed salad and sautÃ©ed mushrooms if desired.
Bake the meat for 3 to 3 1/2 hours for medium done and for well done 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 hours .
If you want, you can cook the meat in heavy covered pot on simmering heat.