|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Burgundy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rump/Boned chuck pot roast||4 Pound|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Ginger snaps||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caraway noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In large bowl, combine vinegar, Burgundy, onion, carrot, celery, allspice, cloves, salt and pepper.
2. Wipe meat with damp paper towels, put in marinade and refrigerate, covered, 3 days, turning meat occasionally.
3. Remove meat from the marinade and reserve marinade.
4. Wipe meat dry with paper towels and coat with 2 tablespoons flour.
5. In hot oil in Dutch oven, over medium heat, brown meat well on all sides.
6. Pour in marinade and simmer, covered, 2-1/2 to 3 hours until meat is tender.
7. Remove meat from Dutch oven.
8. Press liquid and vegetables through coarse sieve and skim off fat.
9. Measure 3-1/2 cups liquid (add water, if necessary).
10. Return liquid to Dutch oven.
11. In a cup or bowl mix remaining 2 tablespoons flour with 1/3 cup cold water and the sugar.
12. Stir into liquid bring to boiling, stirring and stir in gingersnaps.
13. Return meat to the Dutch oven.
14. Spoon gravy over it and simmer covered 20 minutes.
15. Remove meat to heated platter and pour some of gravy over it.
16. Serve meat, thinly sliced, with more gravy.
17. Serve with Caraway Noodles and Red Cabbage.