|Boned rump pot roast||3 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peeled chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger snaps||6 , crushed|
|Boiled red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiled potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Rub the roast with the salt and pepper.
2) In a slow cooker, place the roast alongwith the onions, broth, vinegar and bay leaf.
3) Cover and allow the roast to marinate for 3 to 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
4) Cover and cook the roast on LOW for 8 hours, remove on a serving platter, slice and keep warm.
5) Skim off the fat from the slow cooker liquid.
6) In a saucepan, heat the crushed ginger snaps and gradually pour in the slow cooker liquid.
7) Stir and cook until the gravy is thickened and bubbly, adjust the seasoning.
8) Pour the hot gravy over the sliced roast.
9) Serve immediately with the boiled red cabbage and potatoes