|Lean beef rump/Lean beef round||3 Pound (If Larger, Slightly Increase Other Ingredients)|
|Red wine||1 Pint (Enough To Cover Roast In Bowl)|
|Wine vinegar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (About 10 Shakes From The Bottle)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Madeira wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine cube||1⁄2 Ounce (Optional)|
1. In a large bowl, tip in the salt, red wine, vinegar, peppers, cloves, bay leaves, ginger, mustard, and thyme and mix together
2. Add the meat to the bowl. Seal it with foil and then cover the bowl
3. Set aside the bowl for four days in the refrigerator
4. Turn meat everyday
5. In a large cooking pan (on the fourth day) remove the meat and simmer till tender for 2-3 hours.
6. Set aside the marinade for later
7. When the meat is cooked, make the gravy with the flour or corn starch with the marinade
8. Add ½ cube of margarine to the mix if the roast does not have enough fat in it.
9. Add the tomato paste, the Madeira wine and cook slowly over a low flame for ½ hour or more.
10. Serve hot immediately