Old World Sauerbraten
|Beef rump/Sirloin tip roast||4 Pound (1 Rump, 3 1/2 To 4 Pound)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced (Unpeeled)|
|Gingersnaps||12 , crumbled|
1) In a small bowl, mix the water, vinegar, onion, lemon, salt and sugar; in a cheesecloth bag tie the cloves, bay leaves, and peppercorns and add into the bowl.
2) In a deep ceramic or a glass bowl, place the meat and pour over the marinade; refrigerate covered for about 24-36 hrs, turning the meat at intervals.
3) In the slow cooker, place the beef, pour over 1 cup of the marinade; cook covered on LOW for about 6-8 hrs.
4) Remove the meat on a dish and keep warm; strain the juices and pour back into the cooker; remove the cheesecloth bag, stir in the gingersnaps; cook covered on HIGH for 15-20 min.
5) Slice the meat and serve immediately with the sauce.