Round Steak Sauerbraten
|Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1/2 inch thick|
|Brown gravy mix||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, freshly minced|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (packed)|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As required)|
1) Cut the steak into 1-inch squares.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and brown the meat.
3) Using perforated ladle remove meat from pan.
4) In the same pan, mix together gravy mix with 2 cups of water and heat to to a boil.
5) Add in onion, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, bay leaf, salt, meat and pepper.
6) Transfer the meat mixture to 1 1/2-quart casserole and cover.
7) Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
8) Remove the casserole out of the oven and discard the bay leaf.
9) In a pot, boil water and cook the noodles according to package directions; drain.
10) Toss the noodles in remaining butter.
11) Serve hot steak mixture over noodles.