Easy Red Wine Sauerbraten
|Beef||4 Pound (Round, Shoulder Or Rump)|
|Wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Gingersnap crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and mix bay leaves, cloves, carrots and onions along with salt and pepper.
2) Add vinegar and wine to the bowl and marinate the meat in the mixture for 3 days.
3) Keep it refrigerated and turn the meat over once every day.
4) Remove the meat from the refrigerator after 3 days.
5) Take a pan and add butter and oil to it.
6) Brown the meat in it by turning it over occasionally and dredging it with flour as required.
7) Heat the marinade and pour it in the pan, over the meat.
8) Simmer the entire contents over a low heat for about 3 hours or until the meat gets softened.
9) Take the meat out of the pan and keep it warm, skimming of the extra fat from it.
10) Combine sugar and flour along with a few spoons of the fat from the sauce and add it to the drippings from the pan.
11) Cook by stirring constantly until the sauce attains a smooth and creamy consistency.
12) Add the crumbs to it.
13) Add the meat to the sauce and simmer it for half an hour.
14) Serve the meat and sauce with noodles or dumplings.