Plaice with Courgette and Lemon Sauce
|Plaice fillets||20 Ounce, skinned (About 65 Grams Each)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 , grated|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Courgettes||12 Ounce (350 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and chopped|
|Dill sprigs||4 (For Garnishing)|
1. Spread out the plaice fillets skinned sides uppermost. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, lemon rind and parsley, and roll each one up.
2. For the sauce, chop the courgettes and cook together with the stock, lemon rind and garlic until just tender.
3. Blend the cooked courgettes and their liquid until smooth.
4. Put the rolled plaice fillets into a shallow pan; add the milk and salt and pepper to taste. Poach the fish gently until it is just tender, about 8-10 minutes, then drain, reserving the liquid. Put on a warm serving dish.
5. Heat the courgette puree in a pan with sufficient of the fish cooking liquid to give a fairly slack sauce.
6. Spoon the prepared courgette and lemon sauce around the rolled fish fillets and garnish with dill. Serve with courgettes.