Pears With Apricot Sauce
|Cinnamon||2 Inch (2 1" sticks)|
|Sweetened cream||100 Gram, around 3 1/2 ounce optional|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Tablespoon, optional|
|Cherries||5 , optional|
1. Peel the pears and divide each into two vertically. Remove the centre part and add the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and 1 teacup of water. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes till soft.
2. Cool the pears and chill them.
For the sauce
1. Wash the apricots and add 2 teacups of water. Leave for at least 4 hours.
2. Take out the seeds, add the sugar and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Pass the mixture through a sieve.
4. Cool the sauce, add the lemon juice and chill.
How to serve
Arrange the pears on a plate and pour the sauce over them. Sprinkle the walnuts and cherries. If you like, serve with sweetened cream.
Note: Instead of fresh pears, you can also use canned pears (from 1 large canâ€”850 grams). No cooking would be required in this case.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1428 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg18.5%
Sodium 71.4 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 291 g97%
Dietary Fiber 39.3 g157.2%
Sugars 218.1 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 181.4%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet