Chicken Enchiladas With Spicy Sauce
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Canned jalapeno peppers||2|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a heavy saucepan melt butter over low heat and add flour. Stir until smooth.
2. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Gradually add chicken broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
4. Stir in the sour cream and chopped peppers.
5. Pour half of sour cream sauce into a lightly greased 12- x 8- x 2” baking dish; set aside dish and remaining sour cream sauce.
6. Fry tortillas, one at a time, in 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet 5 seconds on each side or just until tortillas are softened; add additional oil, if necessary.
7. Drain on paper towels.
8. Place about 1 tablespoon each of chicken, cheese, and onion on each tortilla; roll up each tortilla, and place seam side down in reserved baking dish.
9. Pour remaining sour cream sauce over top.
10. Bake at 425° F for 20 minutes.
11. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
12. Garnish with parsley, and serve with Spicy Sauce.