Another staple for your recipe box, this tomato sauce will add that fresh garden flavour to your pastas and pizzas.
2 1⁄2 Pound
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash and cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seed and pulp and keep it aside in a bowl.
2. Cook the tomatoes in a pot on low heat for 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
3. Once the tomatoes have softened, run them through a food mill set over a bowl.
4. Put the resulting sauce back onto the heat for another 15 minutes.
5. Mix the salt, oil and few basil leaves and mix well.
6. Remove from heat and the tomato sauce is ready.
7. Serve it as a spread for your pizza or as a sauce for your pasta.