Homemade cranberry sauce just makes the canned stuff look so sad. That fresh taste of sweetened cranberries with a hint of fresh squeezed orange juice and pomegranate is a joy to the taste buds. Pass the turkey!
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly squeezed (3 oranges)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (100 %)
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, add cranberries, sugar, orange juice and pomegranate juice.
2. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
3. Let simmer over medium heat until almost all of the cranberries have popped.
4. Stir occasionally and continue cooking until sauce has thickened and most of the liquid has evaporated (it will thicken as it cools).
5. Pour into a serving dish and serve for your thanksgiving meal.