I keep talking to you about eating real food, so this Holiday Season You can make your own Healthy Cranberry Sauce from scratch that actually tastes much better than the fake stuff! To start, let's look at the Ingredients of the fake stuff - Cranberries, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup. So, we have berries, mixed with GMO High Fructose Corn Syrup, and GMO Corn Syrup all mixed up in this gelatinized cylinder of processed diabetes juice. Yah, you like that? So, let's use real ingredients, no added sugar, and seasonal organic produce to make something healthy that your body will recognize as food.
9 Small, peeled and cubed
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
16 Ounce, washed
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pan, add 3/4 cup of water and the cubed apples.
3. Pop into the oven and cook until apples are soft.
4. Remove apples from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
5. In a pan on the stove, add 1 1/2 cup water, cinnamon and cranberries and bring to a boil on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
6. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. In a blender, add the cooked apples and pomegranate and blend well.
8. Add the mix into the cranberry mix and mix well.
9. Serve as side dish for thanksgiving dinner.