Chicken Curry Sauce
|Chicken wings||3 Kilogram|
|Curry powder||1400 Gram|
1.Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Peel and cut the carrots in dices, and leave aside.
3. Peel and slice the onions, and leave aside.
4. In a non-stick pan heat half of the butter, and fry half of the chicken wings.
5. While frying turn the chicken wings occasionally, until they get golden brown color, remove and set aside.
6. Do the same with remaining wings with the remaining butter.
7. In an oiled baking tray, place all the chicken wings and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
8. In a microwave proof plate, place the sliced onion, cover with cling film and microwave until hot.
9. In a non-stick pan, heat half of the oil and sauté onions until light brown in color, remove and set aside.
10. In the same pan, heat remaining oil and sauté carrots for 5 minutes, remove and set aside.
11. In a large pressure cooker, place chicken wings, water, onion and carrots.
12. Heat the wing mixture and allow to boil.
13. As it starts boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
14. Using a ladle, skim off the foam from the surface of the liquid and discard.
15. Cover the cooker with lid and pressure cook till chicken falls of the bone.
16. Allow the wing mixture to cool for about 10 minutes, add more water if required.
17. Pass the wing mixture through a sieve, and press it using a ladle.
18. In a large pot, pour the strained chicken stock and simmer to boil.
19. Add the curry powder and stir until well mixed.
20. Simmer the sauce until it thickens.
21. Use the Chicken Curry Sauce as required or serve it up with your favorite entree.
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.4 mg6.1%
Sodium 34.2 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet