With a batch of local quohogs, Robb shows you how to make his family recipe for Linguini with Clam Sauce.
2 Pound (or 3 cups, fresh)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop
2 Cup (32 tbs), freshly cut
Red pepper flakes
1. Shuck the clams and clean the beard. Collect the clam juices while cleaning, through a strainer for the sauce.
2. In a pan, heat 4 tablespoons of oil and add 1/4 cup garlic.
3. Once the garlic is cooked, add the clam juice and 4 tablespoons of butter. Bring this to a simmer.
4. Add 1/4 cup parsley and simmer.
5. Add the 3 cups of clams and the rest of the parsley.
6. Add a dash of pepper and salt and 1 teaspoon of red pepper and stir and bring to light boil.
7. Serve the clams in buttery sauce over linguini pasta. Also great with crust bread
Put the clams in at the last minute since they don't need to be cooked for long. Overcooked clams tend to be rubbery and become bullets.